Maintaining the security of your data is a top priority at MAGPIE EUROPE LIMITED, and we are fully committed to respecting your privacy rights. We will aim to handle your data legally and fairly at all times. MAGPIE EUROPE LIMITED is also dedicated to being transparent about how we use data and also what data we collect about you.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our stores, use your mobile device or go online, provides you with information about:
● Personal data we collect
● How we use personal data
● Your rights
● Security of your personal information
● Policy amendments
● Updating information
● How to contact us
Personal Data we collect
MAGPIE EUROPE LIMITED may collect the following information about you:
How we use personal data
MAGPIE EUROPE LIMITED uses your personal data:
● enable your use of the services available on the website
● to make a tailored website available to you
● to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us
● Send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by email (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
● send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
for market research purposes -
● to enable MAGPIE EUROPE LIMITED to manage customer service interactions with you
where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
We may also use your information to:
● Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
● Deal with enquiries and orders.
● Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website.
● Used anonymously to analyse to improve our customer experience
● Customise your experience by showing you items related to previous orders
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. How you can access or control your personal data will depend on which products you use.
You can always choose whether you wish to receive promotional emails, SMS messages, telephone calls and postal mail from MAGPIE EUROPE LIMITED.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
● The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by sending an email to us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes. You also have the following rights:
● the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
● the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
● the right to ask us to update and correct any out-
● the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
● the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
● the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-
● If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
● To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
● In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
● In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall-
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
How to contact us
or by writing to:
MAGPIE EUROPE LIMITED
Unit E, Heage Road Industrial Estate,
Tel. 01773 749237